Saturday, September 17, 2011

Dreaming of the Mercantile

The Waltons. We all know them and some of us even love them. Olivia and John, Esther and Zeb, John Boy, Mary Ellen, Jason, Ben, Erin, Jim Bob and Elizabeth. They are family to me and to lots of us. My sister and I, one time long ago, thought it would be superb to recreate that life. The love, the roots, the stability and simplicity. Well, she kinda did. She bought a farm, built a few fences, moved a few corn silos, gave a few long eared goats a place to call home.

Now it may be my turn. But my fate is to be none other than Cora Beth. Kinda fitting really. I am a little eccentric and definitely moody. Can be a little bossy too. But it's OK because I've got Ike. He is the easy going, everybody gets, Ike Godsey. The salt of the Earth, I'm here for ya kinda guy. He rides a motorcycle. Likes to wear that funky white apron and chit chat over a soda. Pool and a little of the recipe is not out of the question either.

This is my blog. Not my first attempt either. I hope I find this one more interesting because the last one bored even me.

No comments:

Post a Comment